2011年9月7日星期三

Rory McIlroy Targets World No.1 Spot

On 19 June 2011, Rory McIlroy won the U.S. Open, his first major. He finished with a record score of 16-under-par on his way to an eight-shot victory, as the youngest winner since Bobby Jones in 1923. He has been cited as the most exciting young prospect in golf and having the potential to become one of the highest earners in sports in terms of endorsements.



Rory McIlroy insists he is not desperate to become world No. 1, but hopes to achieve the goal by the end of 2012. In this article, you may find the news about Rory McIlroy. If you are looking for good wholesale golf equipment, I would like to recommend the good R11 Driver to you.

The 22-year-old claimed his first major at the US Open and has climbed to No. 4 in the world.

He finished third at the European Masters at the weekend in his first appearance since injuring his wrist at the US PGA Championship, and will now look to kick on at the KLM Open in the Netherlands.

With world No. 2 Lee Westwood and No. 3 Martin Kaymer in action at the Hilversumsche Golf Club this week, McIlroy is intent on overhauling Kaymer and closing the gap between him and Westwood.

"I'm not desperate, but it's definitely a goal that I've set for myself," he said of the No. 1 ranking. "I feel as if it's very attainable.

"It might not be this year, but definitely into next year, I can give myself a very good platform to kick off the season next year if I end the season well.

"So all I want to do is try and get closer to Lee, obviously at No. 2 and then to look at No. 1 Luke [Donald]'s got a little bit of a lead at the minute and it would be nice to get closer to him."

Thanks for reading my article, I would like to recommend the Ping G15 Driver for Sale and TaylorMade R9 Driver for sale to you!

Other Articles:
Martin Kaymer Is Looking to Defend His KLM Open Title
Will McIlroy Get the Prize at KLM Dutch Open
McIlroy Hoping for Dutch Delight
Woods will never win another Grand Slam

没有评论:

发表评论