2011年8月22日星期一

Adam Scott Decides To Fire Presidents Cup Team


Adam Scott Decides To Fire Presidents Cup Team

The Internationals have won just one Presidents Cup in eight prior attempts. On the U.S. side, captain Fred Couples is very likely using one of his two wildcard picks on Tiger Woods. [See "Tweet of the Day" below.] That means that if the Callaway X22
teams were picked today players like Zach Johnson, match-play machine Rickie Fowler, and PGA champ Keegan Bradley would all be jockeying for Couples’ other captain’s pick. (Check out the Presidents Cup point rankings for the U.S. team here.)

The idea began to percolate in earnest a year ago, when he was playing in the San Diego City Amateur at Torrey Pines South. At the par-3 eighth hole, with a face bunker, he had a birdie putt through bunker sand that he attempted to blow away by Ping K15 Driver
waving a hat or a towel. So he set out to devise an instrument that would remove the loose impediments, in this case sand, without otherwise altering the playing conditions."I worked very closely with a brush company that had no idea what I was making," Dobson said. "Finally, they sent me the perfect blend, where it would not change the grain, would not change spike marks, would not sway anything that pertains to the rules of golf."He nonetheless has met with resistance from the USGA. "I did not design it for a guy to use it as a curling tool to make his line better," Dobson said. "It's 100 percent an etiquette tool. I'm not a tool salesman, I'm a golf enthusiast."

Ernie Els, who entered at No. 126, made it into the playoff field despite shooting a final-round 72. His 8 under finish pushed him to 118th."You don't know Taylormade burner 2.0
in these playoffs," Els said. "I've got to play good golf though. I played really good the first two days. I'd like to get that back."Among those who didn't make it: Justin Leonard missed a 13-foot putt on the 18th, and that left him at No. 126."To try and wait until this week to make it through is just - you know," Leonard said. "I mean, come on. I had 25 other weeks to play like this."

Relative News:

没有评论:

发表评论